History Of Mulberry Silk Used In Making Silk Pillowcases
The word alone conjures up images of luxury and wealth. Silk has been used by mankind for thousands of years because of its strength, beauty and health benefits. In today’s modern world, this is still the case. Silk is as desirable as it ever was and our mulberry silk pillowcases are the top of the list of silk objects that everyone should own.
THE HISTORY OF SILK.
Silk originated in China at least 8500 years ago. The legend tells Chinese Empress Leizu was sitting in her garden drinking tea when a silkworm cocoon fell into her teacup and she notice its beautiful strands unraveling in the hot liquid. Yes, silk comes from the cocoon of the silkworm! Silkworms only eat mulberry leaves. That is why silk is also known as mulberry silk.
Silk was so precious that the Chinese Emperors tried to keep it a secret, but all good secret comes out in the end and as the entries went by silk was traded between China and the rest of Asia and Europe too, creating what became as the Silk Road.
WHY ARE SILK PILLOWCASES THE WAY TO GO?
Silk has many amazing properties that make it such a good choice for pillowcases. Here are some of the big ones;
- It is incredibly strong but also extremely light and smooth.
- It repels bacteria, mold, dirt, dust mites, making it hypoallergenic, and therefore making it an excellent fabric for a pillow cover. Who wants to be sleeping in mold, dust mites and bacteria all night long? If you have cotton pillowcases you probably are.
- Silk wicks away moister, which means that the skin and hair stays beautifully hydrated from being in contact with the silk over night. Sleeping with silk has been proven to help with wrinkle prevention.
- The smooth luster of silk means that hair is much healthier and skinnier from resting on the silk pillowcases. Split end and tangles will be visibly reduced.
- Silk thermoregulates. This means that in the hot weather, you will stay cool in the colder months, silk will help you insulate your body.
- Silk contains a large number of amino acids, including a special protein called sericin, which consists of eighteen amino acids. Sericin has antioxidant, antibacterial and regenerative properties. It is a highly desirable protein that is used in many expensive skin and hair products. Who doesn’t want a bit of that the rest their head on?
WHAT MAKE OUR MULBERRY SILK PILLOWCASES SO GOOD?
Our Pillowcases are 6A 100% mulberry silk . This is the best grade of silk for pillow cases. They are 22 momme, which makes the preface weight and density for sleeping on. We have thought this very carefully. 18 or less doesn’t have the same luster and 24+ just becomes too heavy.
We care about the environment and use only non toxic dyes. Making our pillowcase completely natural.
By combining the high quality of the silk used in our pillow covers with the intrinsic hypoallergenic, thermoregulating, strength and beauty of silk, we want to make sure that you will be sleeping on a little slice of heaven.
THE FINAL VERDICT
So, for the luster of healthy, shiny hair, for wrinkle prevention, allergy prevention, and some of the most silky smooth sleep you will ever have, try our beautiful 100% pure mulberry silk pillowcases. They will be your bedtime beauty therapist for years to come.
Beautiful, luxurious, healthy, durable and natural, silk never goes out of style and neither will pillowcases.